A bit about us
The Homegrown Food Group is a small team of
dedicated volunteers from Northallerton who love good food and our town. We organised the first ever Homegrown Food Festival in June 2012 which proved a
roaring success and inspired us to keep going.
If you are interested in being involved please get in touch.
Our aim is to bring people in and around Northallerton closer to the food that is produced on their doorstep. It's a great opportunity to celebrate local food and to meet the people who produce it. There is a lot on offer at each festival - take part in cookery workshops and activities, watch renowned local chefs work their magic, learn how to grow your own vegetables and relax and listen to great live music.
Getting Drastic on Plastic . Here’s some of the things we are committed to doing every year
- Ban all stallholder polystyrene packaging as this can't even be recycled.
- Partnership with the Wombles of Hambleton and HDC to make sure all your waste is recycled - where possible.
- Replace all single use plastic cups with reusable eco cups for your tipple!
- Fabulous children’s eco craft activities and environmental theatre performances.
- Free water bottle refill stations, bring your own bottle!
The Homegrown Food Festival is now multi award winning! Our awards so far:
Social and Community National Award Towns Alive
Hambleton Community Awards
Community Event of the Year 2017 Hambleton Community Awards
a festival by the community for the community; inclusive, dynamic, flexible, fun, and innovative through the breadth of its scope. Delivered to a high standard.”
Fabulous reusable Homegrown cups.
You will need to buy one* with your first drink and keep it during the day for your favourite tipple at the bar. Makes a lovely Homegrown souvenir too.
This is part of the drive to reduce waste at the festival, reduce single use plastic and help our planet.
*Available from each bar and from volunteers around the site. Only £2 for pint or half pint.